Are you looking for individual medical insurance for just yourself, for your spouse, or for your entire family? Is your employer no longer offering a medical benefit? Is your COBRA continuation coverage coming to end? Or are you just shopping around for a more affordable option? Our HPHQ Gurus can help you find the right option that fits your needs.
There are plenty of individual health insurance plans to choose from. Here are the most common types:
- Health Maintenance Organizations (HMO). An HMO is an affordable health plan option and it offers comprehensive coverage. HMOs create networks of doctors, hospitals, clinics, specialists, and other care providers. Most HMO networks consist of thousands of health care professionals, ensuring you’ll have convenient access to medical care when you need it. Generally, you select a Primary Care Physician who will coordinate your care.
- Preferred Provider Organizations (PPO). A PPO is also an affordable health insurance plan option with an added benefit — you’ll have coverage with any health care provider. That means you can see any doctor or specialist you want, and your plan will cover the care. However, you generally will have a higher out-of-pocket cost when you use non-participating providers. The PPO is great for flexible, comprehensive, and affordable health care.
- Health Savings Account Compatible Plans (HSA). There are 2 parts to HSA coverage: a qualified high-deductible health insurance plan (QHDHP) and a Health Savings Account (HSA) offered by a bank. The high-deductible plan provides catastrophic coverage and features low monthly premiums. The HSA is a savings account where you save tax-free money to pay for qualified health expenses.
- Fee For Service Plans (FFS). A FFS plan is the traditional form of individual health insurance. It works very simply — you get the care you need, then you’re reimbursed for a percentage of the cost.
For more information, visit our FAQ section on Individual Health Insurance.
Here are the ways you can get started right now:
- Get an online quote for Individual Medical Insurance and submit your application now!
- Complete our Individuals & Families Quote Request Form and an HPHQ Guru will contact you for a more personal quoting and application experience.
- Contact us by phone.
- Come in to our HPHQ store today!
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-20055219-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);